Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It's been a little over a month since the last blog & not too much has happened in our house. We have slowly been receiving all the packages we've ordered online for Christmas, thankfully! Our tree came first which took a while to get put up. Then it looked pathetic so I just had to go buy ornaments & items to decorate the house with. We're still waiting on the lights I ordered online, I probably should have just bought them at a store here BUT they were so cheap online I couldn't resist! We're also still waiting on a few packages of presents but for the most part everything is here so Christmas can happen on time & the kids' fears of Santa not coming to Korea will be appeased.

It has snowed here twice but one day it was a snow/rain mix which didn't leave anything on the ground but the mountain tops were white and the other time it only snowed for half the day so not much stuck. Then the weather was "warm" so it all melted away. So sad! I was able to let Ezzi and Gogi go outside and play while it was snowing which was too funny to watch. Ezzi got upset that Gogi was eating all the snow off the ground and Gogi was channeling his inner Husky! They had fun which is what counts.

playing with the settings, this is their favorite picture because they "look like zombies"
Daric has said countless times how much I don't use my camera, which he also says is my Christmas present so don't expect anything else! Yet when I took all the pictures off my memory card there were over 700 images!! I guess I really don't use that thing! I am by no means a photographer but I'm at least trying to learn how to get the best use out of the camera. It's a very nice one & I'm trying really hard to take care of it so it lasts. Every camera we've ever owned has died on us within a year so fingers crossed this one will last a lifetime...or at least until we get our money's worth out of it.




the terrible trio...ok they're not that bad

kissy face

Gogi
I am currently 22 weeks along which means I was able to get an ultrasound and see the sex of our baby. I am happy to announce (if you didn't already know or hear the news) IT'S A GIRL!!!! We are beyond happy & I've already been scouring the internet for all things frilly & pink. We would've been happy either way but I'm finally ready for a daughter to do things with that I just can't do with the boys. Daric insists I can adapt what I want to do so I can do it with them but come on, I can't take them to get pedicures or have a "spa" day at home...it just isn't the same. I've already instilled my shoe fetish into them as well as a clothing obsession most kids don't have so it's time for a daughter. I'm a bit disappointed with the pictures I was sent home with so as soon as I get a few good ones I'll post them in another blog. We haven't thought of any names, I didn't even want to start thinking until we knew what we were having so now that we know, we can start!

That pretty much brings everyone up to speed. The kids are currently on "winter recess" until January 3rd. Daric is working a half day schedule for the Army version of "winter recess" since he isn't taking any leave. Every weekend is a long weekend for him so I'm fine with him not taking any time off this year. He needs to save those days for when our little girl is born! And of course summer when we can get out & explore not only Korea but possibly Japan or China....or somewhere else!

I will make sure to take plenty of pictures with my new fabulous camera of our holidays here & if I don't post before then I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! It's the year of my 30th birthday and according to the Mayans our final one so make it count!...even if it's not our last. Lots of love, hugs & kisses....from our house to yours! We love and miss you all!
The Bishop Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment