Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's Deja Vu? Wait For It....

I'm fairly certain this is one of my little sister's least favorite memories of me but on the flipside I'm fairly certain this is one of the rest of the family's favorite memories of me. So on with the back story that will lead to the point & purpose of this blog...

I was single & living in Indiana after I had Akira. He was only a few months old and I was in desperate need of an overnight babysitter so I could work at the factory in town, the only great paying job that city had to offer! My wonderful little sister decided to sacrifice her summer vacation to help me. She was, I believe, about to be a sophomore in high school so that's a mighty big sacrifice I'm forever grateful for. While she was out there with me my uncle and brother-in-law decided to come visit. I honestly don't remember what the conversation was we were engaged in or what we were doing at the time I just remember this...Stephanie innocently asks, "what's deja vu?" I proceed to smack her upside the head but before she has a chance to respond I tell her, "wait for it..." then smack her upside the head again in the same exact spot and say, "that's deja vu". So you can see why I'm fairly certain that's in her top 10 LEAST favorite memories! I have my moments...

The reason I started with this story and titled this particular entry the way I did is because a dear friend of mine is going through a mid-life crisis (sorry Tiffany but I think you are!). She asked me in all sincerity if I believed in reincarnation, deja vu, past lives & if past lives can affect your current one amongst other things. **I'm about to digress big time....wait for it....** I have NO problems with religion and I feel everyone is entitled to their opinions which leads them to choose which religion suits their own personal beliefs. I have determined that no one religion suits me. I like different aspects from all of them and dislike certain aspects from all of them. I am not religious in the sense of prayers and church going although when I was about 11-12 years old I participated in vacation bible school and went faithfully to church every Wednesday and Sunday alone. That lasted the entire summer. I realized I was only going because there was a cute boy there, not because my heart was in it and this is what I believed. I have studied a little about almost every religion which is why I am not solely Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Hindu, Pagan, etc.! I appreciate religion for what it is. **Digression over** So I answered my friend honestly by saying yes to all of the above! I have had way too many weird and totally unexplainable things happen to me during my life to NOT believe in such things. One such example (which only Daric, myself & now my friend know) is something physically happened to Daric and I physically FELT it literally 5-10 minutes after it happened to him. This happened at a time when we had never met in person, we had only been talking online and it had only been a month at most that we had been talking to each other. I was woken up in the middle of the night by this feeling, thought I was losing my freaking mind and went back to bed only to wake up to see him waiting online for me then proceed to tell me what had happened to him. While he was describing how it felt I was absolutely flabbergasted! I asked him what time it happened and he gave an approximate which when I did the math meant it happened to me, no joke, 5-10 minutes after. I then told him I felt exactly what he did, right after he felt it. For me, that's how I knew we were meant to be together. How could 2 people be that connected to each other when they had never met previously or had any other contact with each other? It's like that unexplainable connection "they" say twins have. I believe in soul mates, I believe in living more than 1 lifetime and I believe that you can find your soul mate over and over again in each lifetime.

I told my friend that story but with the details since I could hear in her voice she was truly struggling with accepting the possible fact things like that could exist. (She subscribed to Christian beliefs...or at least used to) Call me crazy, say I'm stupid, say what you will but that's some of what I believe in and while I would never try to force my beliefs down anyone's throat, I know there are plenty of people in the world who will try to force theirs on me. My friend is going through a low point and is slowly changing her perspective on many things. She confided in me and when she did all I could think, feel or say was 'everything happens for a reason'. I truly believe that. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Everything happens for a reason. I believe I said "I'm like a tiny twig on the mighty river of life, I go where the flow takes me". I've said this many, many times before...mostly facetiously but I do adopt that stance since it perfectly goes along with my aforementioned beliefs. Life is hard enough as it is, why try to fight it! Be the twig, go where life takes you and embrace the journey because it will be over before you know it. Live fiercely, love passionately and regret NOTHING!!

So....where does the deja vu story come into this? Well, I've had this conversation before...many, many times! Maybe not with my friend and most definitely not outside my head (or at least I don't ever remember having this conversation out loud) BUT I found myself knowing exactly how the conversation was going to go before it got there. Retelling certain things to Daric, about this or many other things, I've known exactly how he was going to respond before he actually did. I've had so many deja vu experiences throughout my life. I've been places, done things or said things before and when I say that I'm always told, "uh no, you've never been here, we've never talked about this, you've never done that before". I have a familiarity with a great many things when I have no reason to. Weird.

I know, you're all probably thinking "where the hell are the pictures of the baby and the boys?! I stuck through this whole thing only to reach the end and nothing! Thanks a lot Michelle!" So on that note I will leave you with this and I apologize in advance. I have to end this blog with this line since it popped into my head and I'm dying laughing over here. It'd be a shame not to share it. Enjoy your pictures of the children. We love and miss you all! And now for my closing line....

Hey, I just met you....and this is crazy....but in a past life....we were lovers maybe?








Good morning, afternoon or evening where ever you are in the world from our crazy household to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment